Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rachel at "A Matter of Taste" writes:

Thinking about what I may get to eat, is as exciting as actually eating sometimes. One of my favorite cuisines to eat in a restaurant, is Vietnamese, particularly at PPQ on Irving between 19th and 20th Avenues in San Francisco. When I know David and I are on the way there, my mouth starts salivating with the flovors I know I am going to have. Then at the restaurant, I order the curry chicken noodle soup and wait with all the patience I have for it to arrive. Then, suddenly in a waft of flavored air, the soup is ready for my indulgence. Moist chuncks of chicken, cellophane noodles in a broth of spicy but tame coconut and curry bliss. I savor every bite and just about drink the puddle in the bottom of the bowl. No checks, credit cards or stories, cash only. Life is good!